ON-FARM EMERGENCY WATER INFRASTRUCTURE REBATES NOW AVAILABLE
As of 14th January, eligible primary producers in drought affected areas are invited to apply for a rebate of 25% off for on-farm water infrastructure expenses to buy and upgrade on farm water infrastructure. Rebates will provide 25 per cent off the costs for eligible expenses occurring after 30 June 2018, up to a maximum of $25,000.
WHO CAN APPLY ?
You must be:
- a primary producer (as defined by your state or territory)
- a property owner, share farmer or lease holder
- in an area defined as drought affected (by your state or territory)
- in the grazing industry
Your new infrastructure must:
- be for grazing livestock that you own (not agisted stock)
- be for a animal welfare need
- improve your drought resilience
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES INCLUDE:
Your expenses must relate to buying and installing:
- water storage devices such as tanks and troughs associated with stock watering
- water pumps and associated electronic systems to manage water delivery
- desilting dams
- drilling new stock water bores and associated power supply such as generators.
These rebates are available to assist those primary producers located in drought-affected areas. APPLICATIONS CAN BE MADE via the Rural Assistance Authority website: www.raa.nsw.gov.au
For more details and essential criteria, go too: http://agriculture.gov.au/water/national/on-farm-infrastructure-rebate
Do not hesitate to contact your local McGregor Gourlay branch to discuss your application or any questions that you may have http://mcgregorgourlay.com.au/contact/