HORTICULTURAL AGRONOMIST WANTED I MURWILLUMBAH NSW !!!
Looking for a rewarding career in Agriculture? We are now hiring for an agronomy position in the horticultural industry to be based at our Murwillumbah NSW branch.
This is an opportunity to join a team in a dynamic and growing business and a chance to expand your skills within in a team of experienced professionals with access to years of combined experience while working with some of the industry’s most progressive growers in year round Macadamia and horticulture production.
Duties and responsibilities in providing agronomic services to clients include:
- Nutrition and pest management maintaining current branch practices.
- Collection of soil and plant tissue tests and interpretation of test result analysis.
- Client liaison – follow up recommendations and promote product sales with clients.
- Attendance at regular company and industry professional development activities.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Previous horticultural experience.
- Tertiary qualifications relating to an agronomy position. Minimum experience = Equivalent to Cert 3 in Horticulture either practical or theoretical or a combination.
- Well developed computer skills with a high level of observation and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service with the ability to communicate and work within a team with a willingness to assist others in achieving their work objectives.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to plan daily and weekly work schedules.
- Experience working in the rural sector and reasonable knowledge of rural products.
- Current drivers licence.
You will be working as part of a highly experienced and well respected horticultural team located through the branch network. This position would suit anyone wishing to join as a long tem team member and further their career in the extensive horticultural production in our region including but not limited to Macadamias, Sugar Cane, Tea Tree and Pasture. You will be supported by your team and assisted with comprehensive training and support provided both in house and through industry programs.
If you share the same passion for agriculture as we do, send application together with your resume by Friday 20 November 2020 to The Group General Manager, McGregor Gourlay, 419 Frome street, Moree NSW 2400 or email E: firstname.lastname@example.org