JOIN THE TEAM – ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT SUPPORT BRANCH, MOREE NSW
Join the team ! We are looking for Assistant Accountant to be based out of Support Branch, Moree NSW. This role would suit those either wanting to work part time or full time with working hours negotiable from 32 to 40 hours per week.
McGregor Gourlay is an independent rural services business with primary producer clients in North West NSW, South West QLD and the NSW Northern Rivers Region. With a staff of more than 100 through our network of 13 branches and associated companies, we offer a full range goods and services including agricultural chemicals, rural merchandise, fertiliser, seed, grain trading, livestock, real estate, finance, insurance and agronomic advice.
Reporting to the Group’s Chief Financial Officer, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in processing of various financial statements, journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Assist with reviewing expenses, preparation of monthly reports and monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with various accounting projects and general branch duties as required.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience in commercial accounting or bookkeeping.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritise and work to a timetable.
- Well developed computer skills including Microsoft Office suite products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team to assist in achieving team objectives.
- Willingness to keep up to date with all technical aspects of the position.
- Ability to network effectively to assist with professional development and identifying and achieving business objectives.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
This position would suit an applicant seeking high level administrative work, whilst working in a close knit team, for an independent agribusiness with a long established reputation for service delivery to the rural industry. An attractive salary package will be offered inline with experience.
Please send application together with resume by 5pm, Friday 30 July 2021 attention to The Group Chief Financial Officer, McGregor Gourlay, PO Box 1086, Moree NSW 2400 or email email@example.com