Now Hiring I Inventory Controller/Storeperson, Alstonville NSW
Tree change, sea change, time for a career change to kick off 2021 ?
Join the team at Alstonville, only 20 minutes from Ballina. Now hiring for Inventory Controller/Storeperson.
A permanent full time position has become available for an Inventory Controller/Storeperson based at Alstonville NSW. This is an exciting opportunity to join the McGregor Gourlay team, working for a busy and dynamic business with some of the industry’s most progressive growers and producers on the Northern Rivers.
McGregor Gourlay is an independent rural services business with primary producer clients in North West NSW, South West QLD and the NSW Northern Rivers Region. With a staff of more than 100 through our network of 13 branches and associated companies, we offer a full range goods and services including agricultural chemicals, rural merchandise, fertiliser, seed, grain trading, livestock, real estate, finance, insurance and agronomic advice.
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager duties and responsibilities include:
- To assist with and help maximise customer service and sales by providing friendly, efficient, accurate and timely delivery of goods to customers.
- Receipting, picking, packing and coordinating despatch of goods to customers including on farm deliveries.
- Liaising with suppliers and transport companies.
- Assisting the Branch Operations Manager with inventory management as required.
- Accurate recording of stock delivered on farm and sold ex warehouse.
- Accurate recording of all stock received from or returned to suppliers.
- Daily delivery of paperwork from goods received to Operations Manager.
- Assist with full monthly stock counts or as requested by Operations Manager.
- Weekly stock takes of frequently moving stock or as requested.
- General maintenance and general cleaning of warehouse, yards and machinery to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Compliance with Dangerous Goods handling regulations, company WH&S and employee policies.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- A background that demonstrates strong commitment to customer service in the rural industry.
- Knowledge of the local agricultural systems and products used in the area.
- Experience in inventory management and sales in the rural industry.
- Well-developed communication and computer skills with the ability to work within an energetic, customer focused team.
- Excellent time management skills, strong attention to detail, with the ability to work as part of a team to assist in achieving team objectives.
- A current drivers licence is essential. A forklift and medium rigid truck licence would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with the Alstonville team to continue their growth, whilst being part of a larger organisation that has a long established reputation for outstanding service delivery in the rural industry.
Please send application and resume to the Branch Operations Manager, 28 Kays Lane, Alstonville NSW 2477 or email email@example.com. Applications close 5.00pm Friday, 12 March 2021.